Hello! Welcome to my new (hopefully) regularly-recurrent feature Iâ€™m calling â€œFive Thing Fridayâ€ or â€œ5TFâ€ for the cool kids. (Hopefully) Every Friday Iâ€™ll be posting 5 interesting articles, videos, or other â€œthingsâ€ that I think are cool, interesting, or just plain good for yâ€™all to see. You may read them at your leisure.
Hereâ€™s hoping that my definition of â€œcoolâ€ meets your own particular definition.
- â€œNegligence for Dummiesâ€ â€“ The Ambulance Chaser â€“ One of our favorite Lawyer-turned-Paramedic-But-Still-A-Lawyer-Too, the Ambulance Chaser has written a quick primer on the things needed to prove a case of negligence against an EMS provider. Itâ€™s a good read and a good reminder that will help you participate more meaningfully in conversations with all of those people who only play lawyers on Facebook.
- â€œWorking on the Holiday â€“ A Poemâ€ â€“ My blogger buddy since Iâ€™ve been doing this, The Happy Medic came up with this seasonally-appropriate poem the other day while he was cruising around the airport.
- Greg Friese name Editor-In-Chief of EMS1.com â€“ Did you hear? The guy who is like, everywhere, in EMS Media is now in even more places. Greg, of EverydayEMStips.com and a whole bunch of other EMS fame is now heading up the content at EMS1. Iâ€™m really looking forward to seeing how the website evolves. Great Job Greg!
- â€œRoc Rocks and Sux Sucks! Why Rocuronium is the Agent of Choice for RSIâ€ â€“ Over at the collaborative â€œEMdocsâ€ blog a poster named @EMSwami posted up this good write up comparing Succinylcholine to Rocuronium as used in emergency airway management and RSI. The blog is heavily in to the #FOAMED movement and you should be too.
- Have you heard about the Code Green Campaign? This is a movement that seeks to find a solution to one of the saddest issues facing our profession, the issue of EMS provider suicides. We as an industry have seen too many provider suicides and they are a tragedy beyond measure. Read up, speak out, and get involved in the campaign.
Do you want to be featured on the next weekly edition of 5TF? Shoot me a message either through here or through the Life Under The Lights Facebook Page and Iâ€™ll see about getting your content in the mix.